This week’s blog invites you to do something. Count your blessings extended to others and name them one by one. Can you define your interactions and life’s experiences with God in a positive way as they relate to your walk with him? In other words, have you walked by faith and not by sight since your conversion?
David the Good Shepherd, I King of Israel and Psalmist reflects in the Old Testament Book of Psalm 37:25; “I once was young and now I am old, yet, I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread”.
Man is not God, so obviously mankind does not look at life’s experiences (through a positive lenses) the way God does. Loosey-goosey (relaxed or indifferent) is more like it. Or maybe mankind looks at life with less hope and doable expectations. Consider the following explanation of a fictitious woman’s life experiences as she reflects on her multiple marriages:
“Two women saw each other for the first time since graduating from high school. One asked the other, ‘You were always so organized in school. Did you manage to live a well-planned life?’
“Yes,” said her friend.’ “My first marriage was to a millionaire; my second marriage was to an actor; my third marriage was to a preacher; and now I’m married to an undertaker.”
Her friend asked, ‘What does the circumstances of those marriages have to do with a well-planned life?’ The woman quipped, “One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go!”
So, now you can see by that marriage illustration, that a human being’s outlook on life’s circumstances is most often gloom and doom. Whereas God desires for all our life expectations to be based on the scripture recorded in Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.”
So, the lesson learned is this: Since none of us can confess that we have lived a sinless life and from birth we bore the imparted truth that all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glorious standard, and all need to be made right with God by his grace, which is a Free gift (*). It is God’s foregone conclusion that we all need to be made free from sin (both omission and co-mission) through the blood, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.
Following is how God demonstrated that our Circumstances are his enhances…Easter Happened!
Suggested brazen genteel activities an adult could perform for others to show God that they understand:
- Dress in a white sheet from head to toe. Place a long handle garden tool (i.e., rake, hoe, shovel, broom) across the shoulders. Stagger around the neighborhood block followed by other family members throwing small rocks, sticks and stones at him. Still others could just be yelling and shouting insults and accusations at him. (i.e., ‘Save yourself!’)
- Family members parade around the neighborhood banging on metal pots and pans with metal spoons shouting, ‘Hallelujah, He is risen!’ ‘Hosannah in the highest!’
- Distribute Easter cards to your family and friends.
- Order carry out lunches (i.e., Pizzas or donuts) for your neighborhood weekly church staff workers, or public-school office workers, or hospital doctor’s appointment personnel. Be sure to call ahead to advice them of the luncheon treat.
- Purchase plastic colorful Easter eggs and fill with wrapped candy. Place egg in neighbor’s mailboxes or on their front porch.
The 2nd Chapter Of Acts – The Easter Song (1974) – YouTube
YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com › watch
(*) NOTE: GIFT OF SALVATION: CHRIST’S DYING ON THE CROSS, HIS BURIAL AND ACENDENCE ON THE 3RD DAY!
My prayer for you:
“Dear Lord Jesus, we all want to break with our old, sinful habits and from now on live the life of a new person, who will be more like You every day. Please help us from now on to radiate Your glory and sensitivity towards others. For we still fall short when we measure ourselves against Your standards. Pretty please help us to recognize the wrong things in our lives and to let go of them in the Name of Jesus. Amen and Amen!”
Scripture Lesson: “Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.” (Colossians 3:9-10).
Click http://www.tgifmasterminds.com every Friday for a new post from the Master’s servant manager…ME!