Are you familiar with Mr. and Mrs Tranquility? If not, I’ll give you some hints as to who they were. Their first permanent home was in a town called Eden. Although the weather there was never neither hot nor cold, they seldom had to worry about what clothes to wear. Their place of residence was completely self sufficient. This special town had everything they needed. Oops! I almost forgot. There were two things that the town did not have… a pharmacy and no other residents.
Now, this Special Town was built, and governed by a Lone Self-made Benefactor who incorporated his own municipal rules and by-laws. He advised his only two residents as to what they could eat and could not eat. But you guessed it! The very one thing that the Benefactor told the couple not to eat…they ate it anyway after listening to some bad advice from a strange-looking creature. Of course, they became mortally sick and soon realized they were out of the arch of eternal mortality when they could not find a pharmacy where they could purchase a remedy.
The couple’s Benefactor found them hiding and suffering in excruciating pain, arguing about which one of them was to blame for their terminal illnesses. After that damnation caper of disobedience, the couple was no longer basking in a mindset of tranquility and peace but transitioned into a mindset of blame, shame and pain.
So, the First Man, whose real name was Adam, and the First Woman, whose real name was Eve, engaged in their first argument and envy; each one blaming the other for the wrath of their Benefactor which surely was to come, not only upon them, but even their future offspring, as well.
The bitter lesson that the First Couple learned was that disobedience towards The Creator will separate you from God and deprive you of a mindset filled with tranquility and peace.
What is in the Cup of Tranquility and Peace?…
- The essential ingredient is obedience to the One True God. You do not want your life to be characterized by sin and rebellion against God. The latter actions will separate you from him. Isaiah 59:2 says it best: “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you.”
- There are many ways to communicate in a positive manner with God, namely: through prayer, meditation, connecting with the Holy Spirit, memorizing the many names for the One True God and learning about God’s Son, Jesus Christ…just to name a few! By performing these actions through faith, we can embrace the written word in the Holy Bible Book of James 4:8: “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”
- How would you formulate a tranquil prayer for that young mother in the picture to the left of this sentence?
- Imagination is in the Cup of Tranquility and Peace. Use it! Nurture it!
- Build and strengthen and perform those good things you can do for others. Imagine and embrace all those good feelings of having accomplished all those things that God has ordained you to do. Be sure to thank God in advance for keeping his promises.
- Never let anyone separate you from the love of God.
- Learn to accept and be content in what ever state you find yourself in, knowing that God will bring you through it. Study the life of the Apostle Paul and say what he said in Philippians 4:11, 12b, 13: “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances (now, that’s true tranquility). I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Him (Christ) Who gives me strength.
Again, I say: whatever state you are in embrace peace, reassurance, hope, understanding, faith, calmness, strength, etc., etc., etc.
A Prayer To Walk By Faith And Not By Sight…
By Your grace, I will walk by faith and not by sight. Your nearness is my good. And how abundant is Your goodness to those who fear You and obey Your commands. I will trust in You. I will seek You in those tranquil and peaceable places while walking on the shores of life and meditating under the fig trees (under God’s wings of protection.) Thank You Dear Lord for salvation and eternal life. I ask these blessings in the Precious Name of Christ Jesus. Amen and Amen!!
Scripture Lesson: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers [and sisters], whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” (James 1:2-3)
Click http://www.tgifmasterminds.com every Friday for a new post from the Master’s servant manager…ME!