As you may know, in a very popular card game known as Poker, the best possible straight flush is known as a “royal flush”. It consists of the Ace, King, Queen, Jack and ten of the same suit. And everybody knows that a “royal flush” is an unbeatable hand.
But did you know that our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, can trump any “Action Jackson” at his game of Poker in a twinkle of an eye.
Now, I’m not a card player, but you just might know somebody who would love to engage you in a conversation about how to win at Poker. So, let me help you use this once in a lifetime opportunity to witness for the Lord and to allow the Holy Spirit to provide the increase to lead a lost soul into eternity.
First, let’s define what a “Royal Flush” consists of for each Player:
Action Jackson’s Definition Jesus Christ’s Definition
Ace Alpha And Omega
King King of Kings
Queen Queen of the South
Jack Jehovah Jirah
Ten Trinity: Three in One
Secondly, let’s explain where I am going with the message in this week’s blog:
All this week, the Holy Spirit has put into my consciousness the express meanings for “manna from heaven” and the name Jesus. It took me well into the first part of the week to begin to understand the connection of the two subjects. I reviewed Old Testament scriptures about how God fed the children of Israel manna from heaven while in the Wilderness, and I also reviewed several New Testament Gospels concerning the life of Jesus Christ.
And then it hit me. My conversation with God commenced!
Lord, I exclaimed…I can see clearly now. Both of these subjects You have dealt me have unique names that have caused others to proclaim…”What?” or “What manner of” thing or person “is this?”
We read in Exodus 16:15 that the heavenly bread (manna) fell, and when the children of Israel saw it they said to one another, ‘It is manna,’ because they did not know what it was. (‘Manna’ means “What is it?” in Egyptian and refers to food in Hebrew.) (Remember, the children of Israel sojourned in Egypt for a very long time and learned their language.)
We read in Matthew 8:24-27 “And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. And his disciples came to Him (Jesus), and awoke Him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And He saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then He arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marveled, saying, What manner(*) of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
(*) Note: The English word ‘manner’ is very similar to manna.)
Now with that back ground, let’s begin comparing the two subjects and be blessed by the similarities and compositions of both manna and the Man Jesus. But more importantly, with just five cards in your hand, you can witness the authority of Jesus Christ while you engage a skeptical person in a game of Poker.
- The first comparison you should see is that both manna and Jesus represent a food substance that sustains life. More succinctly, they are both ‘bread’ provided by God in Heaven for mankind’s survival. BAM! That’s the ACE trumped by Alpha and Omega! The physical food was trumped by the spiritual food! The physical food had yeast in it and was considered leavened, and relates to sin (evil). The spiritual food had no yeast in it and was considered unleavened, free of sin.
- The above explanation explains Galatians 5:9 – “A little leaven (sin) leaveneth the whole lump (a man’s life).”
- Next comparison – Both ‘breads’ remained with the people until the end of an era. Manna physically remained with the people until they arrived at Cannan, a land flowing with milk and honey. Jesus will remain spiritually with us until Judgement Day, a place without end. God giveth and God taketh away. BAM! That’s the physical king being trumped by the King of Kings.
- Next – The Israelites had to go out daily and receive the manna so as not to starve. Thus, they had to depend on God daily. We, too, must continually receive Jesus Christ in our hearts as God’s Son so as to live eternally. But when the people of Israel disobeyed and gathered too much manna, they suffered. (How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. Matt. 23:37) Likewise, when we disobey the teachings of Jesus, we, too, suffer. (The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. Romans 6:23) BAM! The earthly queen is trumped by the Queen of the South!
- Next – Manna came in 2 parts; meat and milk which hardened and became a type of flake bread served both day and night. Jesus’ word is also referred to as meat and milk and is sharper than a two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12). Whichever formulae you are on, its available both day and night. BAM! Action Jackson was trumped by our Provider, Jehovah Jirah!
- In conclusion – In Revelation 2:17 ( The biblical numerology of ten [2+1+7=10]); Jesus promised those who overcome that He will give them ‘some of the hidden manna’. Because they believe in Him (The Trinity; Three in One), He will continue to sustain us spiritually. His sacrificial, substitutionary death – His flesh, His blood – will continue to give those who trust Him life, forever. They shall remain in Him, and He shall remain in them [John 6:56]. BAM! The hidden manna is the trump card that you get when you pray for it in those times of temptation to do evil and dishonor God. It is the nourishment you receive, the power from on high. It is given to everyone who asks for it, everyone with a longing to be free from sin. The hidden manna gives vitality and life.
NOW, WHAT DO YOU THINK? DID NOT GOD CONVERSE WITH ME AND DID NOT HE ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO DEAL ME A “ROYAL FLUSH” HAND OF SPIRITUAL TRUTHS?
I dare you to step outside of your comfort zone and reach someone searching for the truth while becoming stagnated in the wilderness. Do not allow him or her to become drunk with wine, but help them to be filled with a love for Jesus because love covers a multitude of sin. BAM!
Click http://www.tgifmasterminds.com every Friday for a new post from the Master’s servant manager…ME!