First Fruits is a religious offering of the first agricultural produce of the harvest. In classical Greek, Roman, and Hebrew religions, the first fruits were given to priests as an offering to deity. In Christian faiths, the tithe is similarly given as a donation or offering serving as a primary source of income to maintain the religious leaders and facilities. In some Christian texts, Jesus Christ, through his resurrection, is referred to as the first fruits of the dead. Beginning in 1966 a unique “First Fruits” celebration brought the Ancient African harvest festivals that became the African American holiday, Kwanzaa. (An excerpt from Wikipedia)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
As promised, I am still using this blog space to publish encouraging words to the world during the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. It is my hope that each and every blog post will contribute to your well-being, and will strengthen your faith and hope in our Maker, Christ Jesus.
While conversing with God, I borrowed His term “First Fruits” because I wanted to relate to it as God’s divine offering to his people (rather than God’s people retuning their offering to him). I envisioned God giving to us a recipe for wholesome and righteous living during these trying times.
The Holy Scriptures reminds us that we serve an all-sufficient, all-knowing, all righteous, all-loving, all-wise, all-existing, all-powerful and all-peaceable God…just to name a few of His attributes.
So, for this writing, please allow me to list some of God’s first-fruits that he bestowed on mankind from the beginning. All of these truths we can rely upon and that will give us hope for years to come.
God will supply all of our food source needs, our material needs, our civic needs, and our physical needs during Covid-19.
- Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. Genesis 1:29
- The cattle on a thousand hills are mine. Psalms 50:10
- The birds in the air are mine. Psalms 50:11
- Unless the Lord builds the house, those that build it labor in vain. Psalms 127:1
- The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper (wife) suitable for him.” Genesis 1:18
- Children are a heritage from the Lord…Psalms 127:3a
- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee. Isaiah 26:3
- “For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Romans 9:17
- Jesus said to Pontius Pilate, “You could have no power at all against me unless it had been given you from above” (John 19:11).
Don’t forget, there are things you as citizens and believers have to do in order to receive his bountiful blessings.
- Ask and you shall receive.
- Ask according to his will.
- Seek and you shall find.
- Knock and the door shall be opened.
- Pray for those appointed by God in authority.
- Be ye holy as I am holy.
- Therefore, get wisdom, get understanding.
- Love thy neighbor as thyself.
In summary…always remember to keep God’s commandments and live holy, both in this age and in the eternal age to come. In a prayer-like posture…
“Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
Then call on me (God) when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give me glory.” Psalms 50:14-15
Scripture Lesson: “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” Psalms 46:1-3
Click http://www.tgifmasterminds.com every Friday for a new post from the Master’s servant manager…ME!